Lucy Spartalis is an award-winning editorial, street and wedding photographer, currently based in Victoria's Dandenong Ranges.
As half of the destination wedding duo 'She Takes Pictures He Makes Films' (her collaboration with filmmaker partner Alastair Innes), Spartalis travels the world capturing unique celebrations in vivid and energetic detail.
Throughout her travels, she seizes the opportunity to switch back to analogue mode, shooting street scenes, dynamic landscapes and candid portraits on medium format film. Her last exhibition featuring these works - 'Spain on Film' - was held at the Centre for Creative Photography in South Australia.
She was recently named one of the world's '30 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography' by Rangefinder Magazine (NYC), and was also named a finalist in the inaugural 'International Wedding Photographer of the Year' awards in 2018.
Her editorial portraiture and wedding works have regularly appeared in such publications as Capture Magazine, Dumbo Feather, Frankie, and Rangefinder Magazine, as well as in many prominent wedding publications from around the world.
- 2017—Guest Speaker—Ted’s Cameras Education Centre, Melbourne VIC
- 2016—Guest Speaker—Camp Common Folk, Donnelly River WA
- 2015—Guest Speaker—New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography’s ‘Infocus’ Conference, Queenstown NZ
- 2015—Guest Speaker—Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide SA
Awards & Achievements
- 2018—World's Best Wedding Photographers—Brides Magazine (NYC)
- 2018—Finalist—International Wedding Photographer of the Year
- 2017—Winner—Capture Magazine ‘Annual’
- 2017—First Place Winner—Rangefinder Magazine (USA) ‘Annual’
- 2017—Winner—Junebug Weddings (USA)—Best of the Best Destination Wedding Photos
- 2016—Rangefinder Magazine (USA) ’30 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography’
- 2016—Winner—Capture Magazine ‘Annual’
- 2016—Winner—Rangefinder Magazine
–Wedding Photography Competition
- 2016—Finalist—Capture Magazine–Australia’s Top Emerging Wedding Photographers
- 2015—Runner Up—Capture Magazine–Australia’s Top Emerging Wedding Photographers
- 2015—‘Spain on Film’ Solo Exhibition—The Light Gallery at The Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide
- 2015—Ted’s Master—Ted’s Camera Stores Ambassadors Program
- 2014—Cover Feature—Hello May Magazine
- 2014—Finalist—Capture Magazine–Australia’s Top Emerging Wedding Photographers
- 2014—Independent Photography Festival ‘More Photo’ Salon Exhibition—Strange Neighbour Gallery
- 2013—Photographer of the Week—Milk Bar Magazine
- 2013—Fearless Award—Fearless Photographers Awards 17
- 2009—‘Picture This’ Group Exhibition—Brunswick Street Gallery, Melbourne
- 2008—‘One’ Exhibition (with photographer James Stocks)—The Adelaide Fringe Festival
- 2008—Diploma in Photoimaging—Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide
- 2008—Silver Award x 3—South Australian Professional Photography Awards
- 2008—Second Prize—‘Ghoti 10′ Group Exhibition—Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide
- 2007—‘Ghoti 9′ Group Exhibition—Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide
- 2007—‘Crew Cut’ Staff Exhibition—Centre for Creative Photography, Adelaide